Thoughts on the Refugee Crisis, from Park’s Global Team ::
In light of the events of the last few days that significantly impact those fleeing violence in places like Syria and Iraq, our desire is that followers of Christ at Park Community Church would be aware of and have opportunities to act on behalf of the most vulnerable.
God calls us to love our neighbor and to welcome the stranger. In Matthew 25:35-40, Jesus said that what we do for the least of these, we do for him.
In this time of an unprecedented refugee crisis, as followers of Christ we have an opportunity to learn about and act on behalf of the millions of people who are fleeing war, terrorism, and humanitarian crises.
On Monday, February 13 at 7 PM, join us at Park's Near North location (1001 N Crosby) for a conversation - A Christian Response to the Syrian Refugee Crisis.
You can also join our efforts locally to welcome refugees through World Relief. Email email@example.com for additional information about how to get started.
Below you will find some additional resources for your further education and consideration.
Want to know more? Here are a few resources & next steps.
· Dear Fellow Christians, It’s Time to Speak Up for Refugees (https://goo.gl/xWeXza) | Ed Stetzer, Christianity Today
· Seeking Refuge: On the Shores of the Global Refugee Crises (https://goo.gl/O1wrcA)| by Stephan Bauman, Matthew Soerens, & Issam Smeir
· A Christian Response to the Syrian Refugee Crisis | Join us here at Park on Monday, February 13 at 7 PM at Park's Near North location.
· Join our efforts locally to welcome refugees through World Relief – firstname.lastname@example.org
· WeWelcomeRefugees.com (https://goo.gl/0tE0sD)
· Join one of our Cross-Cultural Ministry teams this summer traveling to work directly with refugees (https://goo.gl/B6iMrT)